Poetry as a Form of Attention
Free Masterclass with Nadia Colburn, Ph.D.
Immerse yourself in poetry.
Available online live - October 10, 11 & 12.
There will be some opportunities only for people who make it live, but if you can't make any of the live times, sign up for the Thursday class to get the recording.
The poet Audre Lorde wrote, "poetry is not a luxury."
Poetry can help us engage more fully in every area of our lives and lead to greater integration, healing, and vision.
Learn from great poets and develop your own unique voice.
In the free live masterclass, you will:
- Hone your ability to read and write poetry with greater attention, skill, and enjoyment
- Learn techniques to make your poems come alive on the page and sing
- Closely read inspiring work by poets such as Lucille Clifton, Mary Oliver, and Emily Dickinson
- Explore poetry as a contemplative practice
- Enjoy a generative writing session
- Expand your creative practice and vision
- Have an opportunity to ask questions
About Nadia Colburn, Ph.D.
I'm the author of the poetry books The High Shelf and I Say the Sky (forthcoming in early 2024). My poetry has been published widely in such places as The New Yorker, American Poetry Review, American Scholar, Kenyon Review, and elsewhere. I hold a Ph.D. in English from Columbia University, where I wrote my dissertation on 20th Century poetry (Auden, Ashbery and Merrill), and a BA from Harvard.
I'm passionate about literature and using writing to come into more integrated, authentic, and full expressions of what it means to be alive. I'm the founder of Align Your Story Writing School where I've guided thousands of students to step into their full creative voice and vision, and where we have a community of over 25,000 mindful writers.
Questions? Reach out to me at email@example.com
And see more about me at https://nadiacolburn.com/